Benefit at Salsarita's for 5-yr old Casen | Community Spirit
On Tuesday,February 14th, between 4pm and 8pm, Salsarita's in Tyler is having a benfefit for Casen Cameron, a young boy who is battling Batten disease, a fatal, inherited disorder of the nervous system that begins in childhood.
Over time, affected children suffer mental impairment, worsening seizures, and progressive loss of sight and motor skills. Eventually, children with Batten disease become blind, bedridden, and demented. Batten disease is often fatal by the late teens or twenties.
Many area residents are cooperating to help Casen's family with medical expenses, and Salsarita's is doing their part, as well.
Print the flier above and take it with you to Salsarita's on Feb. 14, Valentine's Day, between 4pm and 8pm. 10% of proceeds will go to Casen's medical fund.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ETX colleges monitoring national meningitis cases
- Joan Hallmark book signing at Barnes & Noble Saturday
- Senator Cornyn vows to continue fight against healthcare reforms in ETX visit
- ETX couple creates business to help animal shelters nationwide
- TJC theater, sign language students collaborate for play reading