ETX man jailed after veering into oncoming lane, leaving another dead | News
Released by the Tyler Police Department:
On Friday November 16, 2012 at approximately 11:10 p.m., Officers responded to 10200 Hwy 271 in reference to a motor vehicle crash. All traffic on Hwy 271 was rerouted into the Northbound lanes while the crash was worked. Investigators learned that the suspect vehicle, a Chevrolet truck driven by Eduardo Flores H/M 05/23/89, drove across the median North bound into opposing traffic. The suspect struck a minivan traveling Southbound head on. The driver of the minivan Nancy Dale Slagle W/F of Athens was killed in the crash. The passenger in the minivan William Eugene Slagle W/M 11/07/39 of Athens was transported to East Texas Medical Center where he is in critical condition. Eduardo Flores was treated and released at Mother Francis Hospital. Eduardo Flores was booked into Smith County Jail for Intoxication Manslaughter and Intoxication Assault. The crash is still under investigation by Tyler Police Department.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tyler students awarded donated bicycles for their good behavior
- HUG a Firefighter program eases kids' fears of firefighters in full gear
- Man texting and driving loses control, hits utility pole on Loop 323
- East Texans remember: 'America changed that day'
- Ables-Land Office Supply celebrates 50 years in business